The SmallHD FOCUS monitor family just added a bigger, 7-inch brother to the lineup. A lot of you out there were asking for a 7-inch SmallHD monitor that is more affordable, and now with the new SmallHD FOCUS 7 you get your wish granted. The new FOCUS 7 features a 7.0-inch IPS touchscreen with a 1920 x 1200 resolution, quite a bump compared to the 1280 x 720 resolution on the OG FOCUS 5-inch monitor.
The new FOCUS 7 sports a new 7.0-inch display with 323ppi, so pixel density is on par with much more expensive monitors, and the display is also daylight-viewable, thanks to its 1000 nits brightness. Power is derived from 2x Sony L-Series, NP-F style batteries; alternatively you can use a dummy battery to D-tap and power from your V-mount or Gold mount battery of choice.
Despite the larger screen real estate, the FOCUS 7 should feel not only rugged built, but also lightweight thanks to its sleek, svelte profile. This new design detail makes the FOCUS 7 easy to attach to a camera and easy to share with a team member or client on set.
The SmallHD FOCUS 7 is priced at $699 US and thus positioned as an affordable and high quality on-camera monitor/gimbal monitor for those using a single-grip gimbal or something more traditional like a Ronin M for example.
It has a full-size HDMI input that is slightly recessed to keep the connection secure and support signals up to 4Kp/30/29.97. Users have the ability to load their own custom 3D LUTs via a full-size SD card slot. Audio output is also available using the monitor’s stereo headphone jack.
To help you rig the new 7-inch external monitor to your camera or gimbal setup without too much fuss, SmallHD have made a new and more robust 7-inch SmallHD Tilt Arm. Available in the FOCUS 7 Gimbal Accessory Pack, the 7-inch Tilt Arm provides a simple and convenient way to mount the FOCUS 7 on-camera or on-gimbal.
SmallHD FOCUS 7 Features
- 7-inch High-Bright Touchscreen with 1000nits
- IPS Display with 1920 x 1200 and 323 PPI
- Powered via 2x Sony NP-F Style Batteries
- Load Custom 3D LUTs via SD Card or USB Storage Device
- 4K/30p HDMI input
- Huge Range of Professional Monitoring Tools:
- Pixel Zoom (type) 2x & 4x
- with smooth pan via pinch zoom gesture
- Frame Guides
- Anamorphic De-Squeeze:
- 1.33x, 1.5x, 1.66x, 2.0x
- Image Rotate: (Manual/Automatic)
- Image Flip: (Manual/Automatic)
- Focus Assist (Colours)
- User Adjustable Colour Style and Intensity
- Peaking: User Adjustable Intensity
- False Colour
- Zebra (Dual and User Configurable)
- Waveform: Luma & RGB Style
- Fully User Customizable
- with Region of Interest Highlighting
- Vectorscope/RGB Parade/Histogram (Luma & RGB Style)
- Pixel Zoom (type) 2x & 4x
- Includes Tilt/Swivel Arm
- Pre-order: $699 at B&H
SmallHD FOCUS 7 Technical Specs:
- Panel Type/Active Area: IPS LCD Touchscreen/7.0 inch
- Resolution: 1920 x 1200
- Pixel Density: 323ppi
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Brightness: 1000 nits
- Color Gamut: 75% DCI-P3
- Colour Depth: 10-bit processing
- Viewing Angle: 160 Degrees
- Backlight Type: White LED
- Supported Resolutions (HDMI)
- 4K at 30/29.97fps
- 4K at 24/23.98fps
- 1080p/60, 1080p/59.94, 1080p/50
- Audio: Stereo Out (headphones)
- Connector Type: HDMI input, Full Size HDMI
- Audio: ⅛” Stereo mini-jack
- Audio Meters Up to 8 channel
- Power via: 2 x Sony L-Style Battery slots
- Power Out Barrel
- (3.5mm outer, 1.1mm inner), for powering camera via battery adapter cables
- (Voltage 6.0 – 8.4V)
- USB: 1 x Micro-USB
- Data I/O: Storage SD Card for Image Capture/Overlay, LUT Loading, Firmware Upgrades
- Wireless: Compatible with SmallHD BTR1 Wireless Remote
- Overload Protection: Yes
- Operating Temperature 32F to 158F
- Height 4.69″ (11.91 cm)
- Width 1.1″ (2.79 cm)
- Depth/Length 6.92″ (17.58 cm)
- Weight (Packaged) 28oz (793.79 g)
- Mount Points: (4) ¼-20 thread points (bottom, left & right side, back)
To learn more about the new SmallHD FOCUS 7 on-camera monitor and pre-order head over to SmallHD here.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!