Atomos recently released firmware update 10.1 or AtomOS 10.1 for the Ninja V. The update adds important new functionality such as support for the AtomX SDI module, which expands the Ninja V connectivity to also include SDI (in addition to the already built-in HDMI into the Ninja V side), analog audio embedding and the support for SSDs with capacities exceeding 2TB.
Ever since its release, the Ninja V has been a favourite among mirrorless filmmakers, and with the AtomX SDI module, the little 5-inch monitor/recorder becomes an even bigger powerhouse expanding its ability to take a recording feed from SDI cameras.
The Atomos AtomX SDI module is part of the growing AtomX lineup of dedicated accessories, which already includes the AtomX Sync and AtomX Ethernet/NDI, which you can read more about in this post here.
The AtomX SDI module quite compact; it’s about the size of a NP type battery and docks neatly into the rear of the Ninja V via the modular expansion port. It adds 2x user-configurable 12G SDI ports, either of which can be set up to transmit or receive signals at up to 4Kp/60 or 2K/240p from compatible cameras of course.
What’s new in AtomOS 10.1 Update for Ninja V:
- Support for AtomX SDI module
- On the input menu you can select SDI by touching the “> INPUT” option under “SOURCE”.
- NinjaV must be running AtomOS 10.1 or greater for SDI support.
- Support for GPT file system to allow compatibility for SSDs greater than 2TB
- SSDs must be formatted on the NinjaV to support GPT.
- GPT formatted SSDs are currently only compatible with AtomOS 10.1 or greater and will not work with earlier versions.
- Drives with capacity less than or equal to 2TB will continue to compatible with all AtomOS versions.
- Analog audio embedding
- Users can now embed your line/mic in audio onto any channel on the HDMI or SDI loop out port.
- Channel selection can be made in the Meters menu by touching the audio meters
AtomOS 10.1 is a free update and is available to download from the Atomos website here.
GET the ULTIMATE DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 COURSE BUNDLE for just $97! Sale Ends July 9th, 11:59pm PT