iFootage have been making affordable sliders, monopods and tripods for some time now and ever since I visited their stand at IBC 2018 (check out this older post here), I’ve wanted to get one of their Gazelle Fastbowl tripods. For me as I grow older and lazier, having to carry a larger and bulky tripod becomes a challenging proposition.
Big and heavy tripods have their place on large productions sure, but for those creating fast video content for the web or filming events/weddings and small corporate gigs – a lightweight, but high quality tripod makes a lot of sense.
The iFootage Gazelle Fastbowl tripod has been designed for content creators, videographers and photographers, who travel frequently and are constantly on the move from location to location with a mirrorless camera, DSLR or any other camera that doesn’t require a crew to run it.
Available in either aluminium or carbon fibre, the Gazelle Fastbowl is based around a 75mm half-bowl with a 3/8th screw, and features a unique, patented bowl head Rapid Quick Release system that allows for a super quick head adjustment.
The Gazelle Fastbowl is also affordable at just $179 for the aluminium version, and while the carbon fibre Gazelle Fastbowl is almost double that at $299, it offers less weight and a higher maximum payload of 9kgs, as opposed to the 7kgs max on the aluminium version. Granted, it’s not a big difference in max payload capacity, but in my opinion carbon fibre is the way to go.
The payload on the iFootage Gazelle Fastbowl is more then enough for a fully rigged mirrorless setup or a lightweight camcorder setup, and paired with the Rapid Quick Release system, the Fastbowl makes for a perfect companion for the travelling videographer or photographer.
iFootage Gazelle Fastbowl Features
- Aluminium or Carbon Fibre versions
- Rapid Release Fastbowl mechanism for head adjustment
- 75mm half-bowl design
- Maximum payload capacity:
- 7kg for Aluminium
- 9kg for Carbon Fibre version
- 3-stage legs design
- Single hand leg buckle adjustment
- Maximum height – 155cm
- Drops to 18cm for low-angle shots
- Auto Locking Leg adjustment
- Dual purpose rubber/spike feet
- 2.3kgs – Aluminium
- 1.86kgs – Carbon Fibre
Check out this first look video with Sam from iFootage for an overview of the Gazelle Fastbowl features:
To get full specs and read more about the Gazelle Fastbowl as well as the Uprise version head over to iFootage.
iFootage is also running its very first International Filmmaking Competition offering prizes up to $24,000 for the 1st prize (which includes a RED Raven 4.5K camera!) as well as many other tiers. You can enter by making a 3 to 10 minutes long video that can be in any medium – fiction, mini documentary, music video and also on any subject, in any genre!
You can enter by submitting before 28th July 2019.
iFootage Creative Video Competition 2019 Rules:
- Open Brief: – Open to everyone on any topic and in any genre
- Video entries must be between 3 and 10 minutes long
- Entries must be original work that is produced specifically for the competition
- Each entry must have a title
- Selected work will be screened at a competition premier event
- The finished work must be successfully uploaded by the agreed deadline
- Content must not be offensive or defamatory to any individuals, groups or places.
- The Judges’ decision is final.
- Competition closes midnight 28-July-2019
- Minimum Resolution – FullHD 1080p
- Upload to Vimeo or Youtube
For a full list of prizes, T&Cs and to submit your entry head over to iFootage.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!