The Australian audio gear maker RODE just expanded their best-selling range of shotgun microphones with the introduction of the brand new NTG5. The unit features a groundbreaking acoustic port design that provides superior progressive wave
interference along with crystal clear, broadcast-grade sound.
The ultra-lightweight construction of the shotgun mic that weighs in at just 76g makes it far easier to handle on set than other shotgun mics, especially when used on a boom pole. It’s also significantly shorter than its predecessors and competitors with a total length of 203mm.
Tailored frequency response and very low self-noise of just 10dbA, on the other hand, make the newcomer ideal for location recording, professional filmmaking, and other critical recording situations.
The all-new NTG5 has a highly directional super-cardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response which combined with the included windshield, pistol grip and other accessories in the kit make it the perfect location recording mic.
The completely overhauled design of the NTG5 offers circular acoustic ports which replace the linear slots found in other rivals. Beyond that, the onboard RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure superior performance in adverse weather conditions. The mic provides excellent resistance to wet conditions, high humidity, severe cold, and dust.
RODE NTG5 Shotgun Microphone Highlights
- Highly directional super-cardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response
- Revolutionary acoustic design, delivering a natural, uncolored sound.
- Extremely lightweight (just 76g), short shotgun microphone (just 203mm)
- Frequency range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Frequency Response: 80 Hz – 20 kHz ±3 dB
- Output Impedance: Output Impedance: 25 Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 84 dB
- Equivalent Noise: 10 dB SPL
- RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure superior performance in adverse weather conditions.
- Comes in a complete location recording kit with windshield, pistol grip, and other accessories – the NTG5 is ready to take into the field right out of the box.
- Price: $499
All in all, with its highly directional super-cardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response, the just-announced NTG5 seems to be ideal for capturing dialogue and other detailed sound sources regardless of the environment and setup.
The mic comes in a complete location recording kit, featuring the new WS10 windshield, redesigned pistol grip, and other accessories selling for $499. For more information and specs, head over to Rode Microphones’ official website here.
[source: Rode Microphones]
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!