Blackmagic Design just released the latest update to their industry-leading colour grading/VFX/editing suite DaVinci Resolve. Fresh off the public release of DaVinci Resolve 16.1, the latest DaVinci Resolve 16.1.1 update, improves performance and addresses a few issues based on customer feedback.
The improvements in Resolve 16.1.1 revolve around improving multi-cam edits, making it easier for users to navigate multi-cam angles because it automatically loops around back to the first angle once you’ve reached the last one. In addition, replace edits now work correctly with multi-cam clips.
DaVinci Resolve 16.1.1 also addresses issues with audio gain keyframes on the edit page, improves H.264 encoding and 4K Cinema DNG performance, and makes working with AAFs that have multiple embedded audio channels more reliable.
Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 16.1.1 Update Details:
- when navigating to previous or next multi-cam angles by looping around to the last or first angle
- Addressed an issue where
- performing a replace with a multi-cam clip in the source viewer would not select the correct angle
- shift-dragging a gain keyframe in an audio clip would not work correctly on the edit timeline
- H.264 clips would be rendered incorrectly if network optimization was enabled
- render jobs would sometimes fail on some systems
- archived projects would not include mattes for stereoscopic 3D clips
- playback for 4K DNG clips would be slow
- some DNG clips would be decoded with an incorrect colour science
- rendering to MXF XDCAM formats would sometimes show artefacts
- minimizing the application would not hide the video clean feed
- setting in and out points from a timeline duration marker would sometimes not work correctly in the edit page
- the show picker RGB value context option in the colour viewer could not be toggled off
- AAFs with multiple embedded audio channels would be decoded incorrectly
- Addressed an issue related to decoding Blackmagic RAW on macOS Catalina
- General performance and stability improvements
Blackmagic Design also released a new update for their Blackmagic RAW.
Blackmagic RAW 1.5.2 Update:
- Fix for Catalina 10.15.1 AMD GPU driver issue in MacOS
- No changes for Windows and Linux
To download the latest Resolve and Blackmagic Raw updates head over to the Blackmagic Design support pages.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate partner and participant in B&H and Adorama Affiliate programmes, we earn a small comission from each purchase made through the affiliate links listed above at no additional cost to you.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!