The just-announced Fujifilm X-T200 is an entry-level APS-C mirrorless camera capable of shooting 4K video up to 30fps using UHS Speed Class 3 SDXC cards or higher. It can also record 1080p up to 120p alongside a square 1080 x 1080 video up to 60fps primarily designed for producing content for social media channels.
Other than that, the successor of the X-T100, features a 24.2MP high-speed CMOS sensor (23.5mm x 15.7mm) with a primary color filter alongside improved hybrid phase and contrast-detection AF and gyroscopic sensor image stabilization.
The body of the new APS-C camera inherits the traditional yet modern Fujifilm design, with control dials on the top of the device. Other settings can be adjusted using the 180-degree articulating 3.5″ LCD touch screen, which can also be used for touch focus on the fly.
The built-in gyroscopic sensor of the camera, on the other hand, helps in reducing the camera shake by applying its digital image stabilization algorithm, which allows for smoother video capture.
By the way, the X-T200 seems to be the first Fujifilm mirrorless camera that brings this specific digital gimbal technology on board, but unfortunately, it can be enabled during HD recording only.
Other limitations worth mentioning refer to recording time. There’s a 15-minute limit when shooting in 4K and a 30-minute limit when filming in 1080p on the X-T200. The camera generates 4K (3840×2150) video by recording 6K video with no crop (6032×3392) and downsampling it while using H.264 codec.
The X-T200 does feature 11 film simulation modes, except for F-Log. It also provides a new HDR movie Mode that allows users to combine multiple videos with varied exposure settings to increase dynamic range and make movies with more detail in shadows and highlights.
Last but not least, you can use the available 3.5mm mic-in jack for direct audio recording, however, there is no headphone input for controlling audio levels while filming.
Fujifilm X-T200 Highlights
- 24.2MP high-speed APS-C sensor.
- 4K video recording up to 30p with a 15-minute limit
- 1080p video recording up to 120p with a 30-minute limit
- 1×1 aspect ratio (1080×1080) HD video recording up to 59.94p
- Digital Gimbal image stabilization through a gyro sensor.
- Eye and face detection AF through on-sensor phase detection.
- 8fps photo burst.
- Videos recorded in MPEG-4 H.264 codec.
- Microphone mini-jack input
- 11 FUJIFILM simulation modes.
- Flip out touch screen.
- HDR movie mode
- Electronic viewfinder with eye sensor
- Price: $699
The X-T200 is selling for $699 while being available in three different colors – silver, dark silver, and champagne gold.
B&H Pre-Order Links:
- FUJIFILM X-T200 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only, Silver)
- FUJIFILM X-T200 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only, Dark Silver)
- FUJIFILM X-T200 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only, Champagne Gold)
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!