Sony has just released Firmware version 2.00 that adds a Hi Frequency Flicker function to their flagship A9 Mark II. The newly-implemented functionality should significantly reduce the impact of flickering of artificial light sources by more finely adjusting the shutter speed of the camera when filming.
The latest update also improves the Face/Eye Priority autofocus setting on the A9 II. Users can now assign a custom key for Face/Eye Priority which can be easily activated or deactivated by pushing a button. If you have already set a custom key for this function, it can be deactivated with the same button after applying the update.
Other noteworthy improvements include enhanced FTP transfer, the ability to show the camera’s MAC address as a QR code as well as added support for displaying Focus Frame in the Remote Camera Tool. A9II users will also be able to save or load the customized camera settings to My MENU.
Sony A9 II Firmware 2.00 Highlights
- Adds the Hi Frequency flicker function, which allows you to reduce the impact of flickering of artificial light sources (e.g. digital signage, electronic signboards, LED lights, etc.), by more finely adjusting the shutter speed
NOTE: The Imaging Edge Remote, Imaging Edge Mobile, and Remote Camera Tool software will not be supported after April 9th, 2020
- Improves the Face/Eye Priority in the AF function:
- When set to a custom key, the Face/Eye Priority in the AF function can be activated or deactivated each time the custom key is pressed
- If Face/Eye Priority is already set to custom key, this improvement will be available after the camera is updated
- Improves the Remote Camera Tool function by adding support for displaying Focus Frame for almost all scenes
NOTE: Version 2.00 (or later) of the Remote Camera Tool is required. Please update to the latest version.
- Improves the FTP transfer function
- Allows the camera’s MAC address to be displayed as a QR code
- Adds a function to close the shutter when you turn off the camera to prevent dust or debris from adhering to the image sensor when you change lenses
- Allows you to save or load the customized camera settings to My MENU
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
You can download Firmware version 2.00 via the Sony’s A9II support page here. Last but not least, Sony points out that Imaging Edge Remote, Imaging Edge Mobile, and Remote Camera Tool software will be no longer supported after April 9th, 2020.
B&H Order Link:
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!