ARRI have been making high quality camera accessories for sometime via their ARRI PCA division, and now they announce their new accessories for the Sony VENICE 6K full-frame CineAlta camera that is due to ship anytime now. Up until now only Dutch pro accessories maker Vocas had announced (to my knowledge) accessories designed for the newest top-end CineAlta camera, such as a Top Handle kit and others, which you can read more about in my post here.
I am sure that in time others will join Vocas and ARRI, but for now lets take a quick look at the new pro camera accessories for the VENICE from ARRI. The new ARRI accessories are available individually, or in several configurable sets for either a lightweight handheld setup, 15mm or 19mm studio, providing “unrivalled reliability and compatibility with industry-standard tools.”
At the heart of the Lightweight configuration is the Sony Venice Basic Set, and more precisely the new ARRI Plate for Sony Venice, which features 2 x integrated 15mm lightweight supports (at the front and the back) and a comfortable shoulder pad can be adjusted for perfect balancing. The plate is compatible with VCT-style tripod adapters such as the QRP-1 from ARRI.
The LMB 4×5 mattebox is one of the most modular matte boxes on the market offering versatile options to DPs and camera operators from single stage, to three stage, to bottom and top lightweight mounted, to the full-blown version with swing-away tilt module, all carbon fibre flags (top and side) and both extra filter stages (rotatable and non-rotatable); all this at less than 2.3kgs.
The lightweight kit also includes the ARRI Mini Follow Focus MFF-2 Cine Standard Set and ARRI handgrips for ultimate comfort when shooting handheld.
The 15mm Studio kit for Sony Venice gets you the Pro Set for VENICE, which also includes the Camera Centre Handle CCH-4. The top handle can is a completely closed top handle and is compatible to most of the ARRI PCA top plates. Camera operators and ACs can mount various accessories thanks to the numerous mounting points including 1/4-20”; 3/8-16”; and M4. The CCH-4 can be mounted onto the Top Plate for the Sony Venice in three different positions.
The 15mm Studio Kit also includes the ARRI FF-5 Adapter for Bridge Plate 15mm for mounting FF5-HD or Cine follow focus units on 15 mm studio support rods; Lens Support LS-10 for Studio Bridge Plate. Other bits in the kit include the ARRI Lens Support LS-10, which is an adjustable and lockable bridge that clips to 15 mm rods.
For full details on the ARRI PCA kits available for the Sony VENICE head over to ARRI PCA here.
Sony Venice 6K CineAlta Features
- New Full-Frame 36 x 24mm CMOS sensor
- 15+ stops Dynamic Range
- Interchange-able Sensor Block – for future sensor upgrades (user serviceable)
- 6K Full-Frame 3:2 mode (6048 x 4032)
- 4K Anamorphic 4:3 and 6:5 (4096 x 3432)
- 4K Super 35 mode (window)
- Support for FF & S35 spherical lenses
- Support for FF & S35 Anamorphic lenses
- 8-step Mechanical Built-in ND filter (8 Stops ND)
- PL mount (Cooke i technology supported)
- Locking E-mount
- Recording Codecs/Formats:
- X-OCN Compressed Raw onto AXS-R7 Raw Recorder
- 4K XAVC – Class480/300
- ProRes HQ/422/LT
- MPEG HD
- Recording Media – SxS cards, AXS cards for RAW (external recorder)
- Dual Base ISO 500/2500 (firmware v2.0 – more info here)
- Price: £37,000/$45,000 Body
- Available: February 2018
- Compatible with existing CineAlta accessories:
- AXS-R7 4K Raw recorder
- DVF-EL200 viewfinder
Check out some excellent 4K footage shot on the Sony VENICE by Yoshihiro Enatsu
- Camera: Sony VENICE
- Lens: Angenieux Optimo Anamorphic 56-152mm
- S-LOG3/S-Gamut3.cine + S709 LOOK (beta version)
- AIDA VOLOSHINA
- Toshikazu Kaneto
- Hiroshi Kurosawa
- Production: Kanako Ishii
- Assistant: Yasuhiko Tanaka
- Hair Make Stylist: Kazuya Imamura
- Alpha Models: Yoshiaki Uematsu
- Flower Director: JOCA
- SONY: Takashi Irikura
- nac Image Technology: Kiichiro Iwashi
- Music: Masaaki Enatsu
- Director / Edit : Yoshihiro Enatsu
The Sony Venice 6K Full-Frame CineAlta camera is due to ship later this month, and to learn about the upcoming version 2.0 and other features of the VENICE camera system, check out my interview with Richard Lewis from Sony from BSC Expo 2018 in my previous post here.
[via ARRI PCA]
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!