The just-announced FUJIFILM X-S10 is a sleek and versatile entry-level mirrorless camera offering a decent amount of photo and video features. The unit comes equipped with a 26.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor powered by the X-Processor 4 Image Processor supporting high-resolution stills shooting, internal DCI/UHD 4K video up to 30fps in 8bit 4:2:0 as well as Full HD up to 240fps.
The camera records in Long-GOP up to 200 Mbps using H.264 codec. Alternatively, users can take advantage of 10-bit 4:2:2 recording to an optional external recorder via the available micro-HDMI port.
The sensor’s design of the X-S10 enables a hybrid autofocus system that combines 425 phase-detection points with a contrast-detection system for quick and accurate AF performance.
The entry-level camera also has a 5 stop-effective sensor-shift image stabilization system, a bright 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder, and rear 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD, which uses a vari-angle design.
Like other FUJIFILM siblings, the X-S10 has a uniquely intuitive physical design and an updated layout for seamless handling and shooting efficiency, with the most noticeable change being a switch from a conventional shutter speed dial to a mode dial for more general use.
Other noteworthy features include built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, a rear joystick for intuitive selecting and switching of AF points as well as menu navigation and image playback, a single SD memory card slot that supports up to the UHS-I standard, and a 3.5mm microphone jack. Last but not least, the X-S10 provides 18 film simulations which emulate analog film stocks.
FUJIFILM X-S10 Highlights
- 26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor
- X-Processor 4 Image Processor
- DCI/UHD 4K at 30 fps, Full HD at 240 fps
- 5-Axis In-Body Image Stabilization
- 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder
- vari-angle rear 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Single SD memory card slot
- a 3.5mm microphone jack
- 18 film simulations
- Price: $999 (body only)
- Availability: mid-November 2020
The FUJIFILM X-S10 should hit the market mid-November selling for $999 (body only).
B&H Order Links:
- FUJIFILM X-S10 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
- FUJIFILM X-S10 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 18-55mm Lens
- FUJIFILM X-S10 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-80mm Lens
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!