After being teased earlier this week by SEO Jarred Land, RED has finally rolled out the highly anticipated Firmware 1.5.0 Beta for the RED Komodo. The latest camera software adds anamorphic support, 2:1 aspect ratio in 6K, 4 channel audio support, new live stream functionality, and more.
Additionally, the RED Komodo users will be able to offload files wirelessly using either FTPS network via Wi-Fi or the LINK ADAPTOR with a USB-C to Ethernet adapter. The approved cards list has been also expanded with the inclusion of relatively affordable ExAscend 512GB and 1TB CFast cards.
RED Komodo Firmware v1.5.0 Beta Highlights
- 6K Anamorphic R3D support (requires REDCINE-X PRO v52.3 or later)
- 2:1 aspect ratio in 6K
- New Livestream Tools and Magnify support
- Added FTPS support for remote offload via Wi-FI or Link Adapter with USB-C to Ethernet adapter
- 4 channel audio support
- Added Wi-Fi Scan support
- Added Prism Viewfinder mode
- Canon RF lens control ring support
- RF Lens focus range switch not currently supported
- Cross-sync support (e.g., Genlock 30P, SDI 60P)
- Added BWAV support for off-speed audio
- Static IP support to Infrastructure mode
- ExAscend 512GB and ExAscend 1TB added to the approved card list:
- Fixed intermittent ‘Error loading clip’ in playback
To download the latest firmware v1.5.0 beta for the RED Komodo, use the following link.
- RED KOMODO 6K Cinema Camera (B&H)
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!