The world’s largest short film competition is back for another year in a row! This time around, though, RODE Microphones ups the ante with a major price of a whopping $250,000. To enter My RØDE Reel Short Film Competition, you simply need to create an original short film that is up to 3 minutes in length and submit it before Wednesday, October 20, 2021.
Since 2014, more than 20,000 films have been registered from over 100 countries around the world, with RØDE awarding millions of dollars in cash and gear to entrants, helping to launch thousands of careers.
Here’s everything you need to do to take part:
- Download your starter pack, access freebies from MZed and Musicbed, and check out past winning entries to get you inspired.
- Make a short film up to 3 minutes in length. It can be on any topic you like.
- Make a behind-the-scenes film, up to 3 minutes in length, that shows us how you made your short film and features the RØDE product(s) that you used in your production.
- Sign up for a My RØDE Reel account, and complete the registration process.
- Submit your film to My RØDE Reel. Once approved, it will appear on the ‘Watch’ page.
- Share your film and encourage your friends, family and fans to vote – there’s a People’s Choice Prize to be won for the film with the most public votes.
- Once you are done, upload your short film and BTS film to YouTube, then submit them to myrodereel.com.
For your behind-the-scenes film, all you need to do is give an insight into how your short film was made. It can be anything from a montage of shots from production to a full-blown “making of” documentary – just remember to include a shot of the RØDE product(s) you used. There are prizes up for grabs for the best behind-the-scenes films as well.
Speaking of prizes, the winner of each My RØDE Reel category will win cash plus a prize pack loaded with gear from RØDE, as well as My RØDE Reel sponsors Nanlite, Zhiyun, MZed, Musicbed, Adobe, Pelican, ARRI, DZOFIlm, and Insta360.
The winner of the major prize, the prestigious Judges’ Choice, will win $250,000 plus a gear prize pack. The winners of the genre and special categories will win $10,000 plus a gear prize pack. The two runners up of each category will also win a gear prize pack.
There are also eight cash prizes to be won in the Best Chinese Film category – $20,000 for first place, $10,000 for second place, $10,000 for third place, and five $1,000 ‘High Commended’ prizes.
Remember, entries are open now and close at 10 AM (AEDT/GMT+11) Wednesday, October 2. To learn more, head over to myrodereel.com
[source: RODE Microphones]
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate partner and participant in B&H and Adorama Affiliate programmes, we earn a small comission from each purchase made through the affiliate links listed above at no additional cost to you.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!