With the latest Firmware v1.50, the EOS R5 and EOS R6 get enhanced recognition of “vehicles” as the main subject. Additionally, both counterparts will provide enhanced AF tracking when it comes to people with improved eye and face detection even when the subject is wearing a mask.
Furthermore, EOS R5 and EOS R6 users will be able to set a custom white balance in Live View and change the settings for “simultaneous recording” and “current drive” during remote operation. Other noteworthy enhancements include full manual focus support for RF 70-200 mm F4L IS USM lens, added EVF Smooth to suppress lower frame rates in low light, the ability to disable the multi-controller for FTP transfer, and more.
EOS R5/EOS R6 Firmware v1.50 Highlights
- Change the settings for “simultaneous recording” and “current drive” during remote operation
- Disable the multi-controller for FTP transfer
- Change the default from Active to Passive with the FTP Server Passive Mode Setting
- Enhanced recognition of subjects, including vehicle and body detection
- Improved Face/ Eye Detection with masks
- Added White Capture Mode in Live View (Manual White Balance)
- Added EVF Smooth to suppress lower frame rates in low light
- Full-time manual focus support for RF 70-200 mm F4L IS USM
The Firmware v1.50 for the EOS R5 and EOS R6 will be available to download from Canon’s local online support centers from December 2nd, 2021.
B&H Order Links:
BlACK FRIDAY SALE - Get 85% OFF the ULTIMATE RESOLVE COURSE BUNDLE! Sale Ends November 30th 10:00pm PT!