Canon R5 owners can now download the latest software for their favorite 8K camera. It seems that Firmware 1.5.0 fixes an issue, in which noise occurs along the edges of bright subjects when using Canon Log for movie recording.
This update also improves detection performance for a wide variety of situations including tracking different objects such as helmets or goggles alongside enhanced eye detection in more challenging conditions, person’s torso detection, and more.
Additionally, it optimizes controls of In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS) when using specific EF lenses not equipped with the image stabilization function and adds support for the RF 5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye lens. You can check out the full details regarding this software update below.
Canon R5 Firmware 1.5.0 Highlights
- Improves head detection performance to support helmets or goggles in winter sports.
- Adds [Vehicles] selection to [Subject to detect] selection in the [AF] tab to support the detection of automobiles and motorcycles in motorsports. Adds [Spot detection] when [Vehicles] is selected as the helmet of the driver or rider*.
*Detection may not be possible for ordinary passenger cars or bicycles, or for motorcyclists performing stunts or kicking up dirt and dust.
- Improves detection performance for eye detection when: there are shadows on the face; hair is hanging over the eyes.
- Adds support for torso detection of a person. If the eyes, face or head are hidden or cannot be detected, a person’s torso will be detected and tracked continuously.
- Adds the ability to import manual white balance (MWB) data from the Quick Control screen when capturing still images.
- Eliminates the center press operation of the multi-controller to prevent accidentally transferring images during FTP transfer.
- Adds the ability, when using EOS Utility for remote shooting with two cards inserted, to set the recording method and to select which card to be recorded to.
- Adds [Suppress lower frame rate] to [Smooth] in [Disp. performance], enabling the shooting screen to be displayed with less drop frame rate even in dark locations.
- Adds support for the RF 5.2mm F2.8 L Dual Fisheye lens.
- Changes the default value of [FTP server] → [Passive mode] to [Enable].
- Improves operation stability during FTP transfer.
- Optimizes controls of In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS) when using specific EF lenses not equipped with the image stabilization function.
- Fixes an issue, in which noise occurs along the edges of bright subjects when using Canon Log for movie recording.
You can download the latest Firmware 1.5.0 for the Canon R5 from Canon’s Support Page.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!