This iteration of DaVinci Resolve improves deconstruction of nested timelines for audio tracks and adds support for 20% faster decoding and rendering of Blackmagic RAW 12K files on Apple M1 Max.
DaVinci Resolve 17.4.5 also adds support for decoding 6K and 8K clips from Sony Venice and improves text processing with 3D text and Text+ fonts. In addition, this update improves importing of AAF files with retime or mixed frame rates. It also addresses ProRes 422 artifacts for some rendered clips on Apple silicon. Full details regarding the latest Resolve version are listed below.
What’s new in DaVinci Resolve 17.4.5
- Improved nested timeline decompose for audio, plugins and automation.
- Support for decoding 6K and 8K clips from the Sony Venice 2.
- Faster 12K Blackmagic RAW decode and playback on Apple silicon.
- Ability to set output colorspace in DaVinci YRGB projects.
- Addressed Dolby Vision tone mapping for DaVinci YRGB projects.
- Addressed layout and refresh issues after using the cinema viewer.
- Addressed an issue with missing Text+ fonts in Mac OS Monterey.
- Addressed issues when extruding 3D text from specific TrueType fonts.
- Addressed retime and mixed frame rate issues when importing AAFs.
- Addressed an issue rendering additional outputs with data burn-in.
- Addressed trims not applied from imported Dolby Vision 2.9 XML metadata.
- Addressed ProRes 422 artifacts for some rendered clips on Apple silicon.
- Addressed playback glitches for some long GOP formats in Apple silicon.
- General performance and stability improvements.
To download the latest version of DaVinci Resolve, head over to Blackmagic Design Support Center here.
[source: Blackmagic Design]
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!