British video lighting manufacturer Rotolight has announced a new native app for remote control of the AEOS 2 and NEO 3 RGBWW LED lights.
The app provides remote control from a smartphone or tablet, for easily adjusting light temperature, color, brightness, gels, flash settings, and special lighting effects for up to 20 synced lights.
The interface of the Rotolight app is designed to mimic the touchscreen display found on the back of the AEOS 2 and NEO 3 LED lights, which offers familiarity and ease of use moving from the light to the app, and back.
Rotolight says that real-time two-way communication is provided with zero latency, making adjustments nearly instantaneous.
Connection is also extremely easy by using a QR code that is built into the light’s menu system. Users simply press add a light in the app, then go to the set, control, and then APP control. The QR code will appear, then simply scan the code with your app, and it’s connected.
At the center of the interface is the virtual color wheel, which gives content creators the choice of over 16.17 million colors and shades, plus 2,500 virtual filters and gels for modifying the lights, as well as a source match option to reproduce lighting conditions from a nearly unlimited palette.
Users can also program custom presets and sync them to the light for use with the touch of a button.
Other key features include:
- Real-time two-way adjustment between your Rotolight and app
- Adjust brightness and Kelvin settings from 3000-10,000K
- Easily store and recall custom lighting presets
- Select from an endless color palette of 16.7 million colors, complete with saturation control
- Adjust flash settings including power, group, modeling light, and flash duration, along with Kelvin, HSI, and gel flash settings
- Customize and remote trigger Rotolight’s award-winning suite of cinematic lighting effects
- Select from 2500 classic lighting gels to enhance your creative possibilities
- Choose between daylight (D56) or tungsten (D32) or emulations of each filter or select from hundreds of real-world sampled light sources in ‘source match’ mode
- Instantly switch between continuous mode and flash mode from up to 200ft
- Wirelessly control diffusion from the ground-breaking Rotolight SmartSoftBox
Rotolilght also plans future updates over the coming months which will add backward compatibility to their older generation of Neo 2, AEOS 1, Anova Pro 2, and Titan series lights.
Those lights will require a single new generation light to act as a wireless bridge with the older series’ Skyport flash receivers, thereby giving those older lights a longer life in a supporting role.
Rotolight has other new features planned in their technical roadmap which will provide interim updates based on adding new group controls and features from user feedback.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate partner and participant in B&H and Adorama Affiliate programmes, we earn a small comission from each purchase made through the affiliate links listed above at no additional cost to you.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!