DJI – the Apple of drone companies, which recently gave us all a glimpse of what the future of consumer drones might actually look like, recently released a few firmware updates for their Go App for Android and iOS users, as well as a firmware update for their Phantom 3 Pro/Advanced quadcopter line of products. DJI recently updated their DJI Go App for Android and iOS devices enabling some new features in their latest DJI OSMO 4K stabiliser such as 10 new picture profiles, including the much desired D-Log flat picture profile.
If you are not familiar with the DJI OSMO, it is an integrated Zenmuse X3 camera/gimbal with a detachable handle, bringing the benefits of stabilized 4K video capture to a handheld form factor. The OSMO features a 1/2.3″ CMOS sensor with full DCI 4K (4,096 x 2,160) video recording at 24 or 25p as well as 12MP photo capability as well as 120fps slow-motion in Full HD.
The latest DJI GO App update v 2.4.1 actually does not require users to download a firmware update for the OSMO, but because the stabiliser is more or less controlled via the app once you update the app (now there is even a 2.4.2 update for the Go App, which just fixes a few bugs) you will have 10 brand new picture profiles including the D-LOG flat picture profile on your OSMO.
Here’s details of what is included in the Go App v2.4.1 Update
- Support for the DJI Focus wireless follow focus system.
- The aircraft can now reset its heading in Course Lock mode. Added low altitude warning in Waypoint mode.
- You can now import music from your mobile device or the music store, and save your favorite collection.
- New user feedback features mean you are just a click away from telling us your thoughts.
- Optimized video player and editor performance.
- You can now use the gimbal operation mode button to set the gimbal mode (free/follow) for the Zenmuse series when used together with Lightbridge 2.
- D-Log + More picture profiles: D-Cinelike, Art, B&W, Vivid, Beach, Dream, Classic Nostalgia
Youtuber Ian W Arsenault put together a short video demonstrating the new profiles.
The inclusion of D-log in the picture profiles of the DJI OSMO will help out shooters looking to additionally grade their footage in post tremendously. This will also help make it easier to intercut DJI OSMO footage with other footage from other non-DJI cameras.
Download the DJI GO App depending on your smart devices from these links – for Android and for iOS users.
In addition DJI also added 2.7K resolution recording to their Phantom 3 Pro as well as an optimised Waypoint feature for the Phantom 3 Advanced quadcopter. See details of the latest V1.5.0030 firmware update below.
- All-in-One Firmware Updated to：v1.5.0030
- DJI GO app for iOS Updated to：v2.4.2
- DJI GO app for Android Updated to：v2.4.1
For Phantom 3 Professional:
- Added 2.7K resolution for video recording.
- Optimized Waypoint feature.
- The firmware can be downgraded to v1.4.10 or later only.
- Video recording in 2.7K is only available in the Android version of the DJI GO app at the moment. Support for the iOS version is coming soon.
For Phantom 3 Advanced:
- Optimized Waypoint feature.
DJI Osmo 4K Handheld Gimbal – $649
DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter with 2.7K Camera – $989
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!