ARRI Lighting demonstrates the creative versatility of their ARRI SkyPanel LED lights in the company’s stunning new showreel. The legendary German film and TV equipment manufacturer have never been too shy about showing off their latest kit and their new Lighting Showreel is nothing short of breath-taking. As with most ARRI productions, the showreel shoot is a massive production, which you can see the scope of in the accompanying behind the scenes featurette.
The ARRI Sky Panel is a compact, ultra-bright and high-quality LED soft light that sets a new standard for the industry. With a design focused on form, colour, beam field and output, Sky Panel represents the culmination of more than a decade of research and development of LED technology at ARRI. Sky Panel is available in three sizes – S60, S30, and the recently announced S120.
The ARRI SkyPanel LED fixtures are the crown jewel in the company’s illustrious catalogue offering the ultimate colour temperature control with the ability for users to change from 2,800 to 10,000 Kelvin, and even adjust precise Green hue. The SkyPanel’s also feature 100% flicker-free dimmability, making the fixture highly versatile as it can be tailored to just about any lighting condition regardless of application.
ARRI Lighting’s new showreel was shot over two days with 350 meters of rigging pipe, 4820 DMX channels, two dancers and 300 ARRI SkyPanel LED fixtures.
ARRI SkyPanel Features
- Fully Adjustable Colour from 2,800 K to 10,000 K
- Vibrant Color Selection (RGB+W Color Gamut)
- High Colour Rendering
- The longer S120C is Perfect for Vertical Lighting
- Low Power Consumption (400 W Nominal)
- Tremendous Output – Brighter than 2kW Tungsten Soft Light (S120C)
- Fully Dimmable from 0 – 100%
- Lightweight and Compact
- Beautiful Soft Beam of Light
- Interchangeable Diffusion Panels
- Wide Range of Accessories Available
- Thin Profile
- On-Board Battery Connection (23 – 36V DC)
- Onboard Simple Control Panel
- Onboard DMX In and Out
- RDM Implementation
- USB-A Connection for Firmware Updates
- EtherCon port for network connectivity
- Available in Blue/Silver and Black
- Fan Mode Selection
- External Lightweight PSU
The ARRI SkyPanel LEDs are not cheap by any means, ranging from 5,600 USD to $6700 USD depending on model, however the value they represent over multiple years, especially for rental houses is huge. Owner operators working on the higher end of the scale should definitely look into these.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!