Popular transcoding app EditReady from Divergent Media adds support for Blackmagic RAW and clip trimming in their latest 2.5 update. This is a big and important update as it adds a number of frequently requested features and enhancements from the apps user base. This update is recommended for all users and is free to existing EditReady 2 license holders.
In today’s world, one of the downsides of so many choices of cameras and formats, is that sometimes the editing codec most suitable for our editing systems may not exactly be native to our camera that captured the material we are editing.
This is where something very useful like EditReady comes in. EditReady has been designed with video professionals in mind as it lets you convert in a fast and easy way any MXF, M2T (HDV), MTS (AVCHD), or QuickTime to a more editing workflow-friendly ProRes, DNxHD/HR and H.264.
Whether you’re working with MXF from a camera like the Canon C300 II or you are a Sony F5 or FS7 (XAVC) shooter, EditReady has you covered. Even older AVCHD cameras like the Panasonic HDC-TM900 or Sony NX5U, or HDV cameras like a Sony HVR-Z7U are also covered. Not to mention newer and much more exciting hybrid shooters like the Panasonic GH5 and GH5s.
What is New in EditReady 2.5
- Adds clip trimming – set in and out in preview to transcode a region of the clip
- Adds Blackmagic Raw support (MacOS 10.12 and later)
- Adds clip duration to metadata displayed in info views
- Adds support for Yi VR 360 cameras
- Fixes visual styling in macOS 10.14 Mojave dark mode
- Fixes bug that could cause audio dropout in 24p to 25p frame retiming
- Fixes bug that wouldn’t recall overlay settings in command line transcodes
- Fixes hang that occurred converting some filmic pro clips
- Miscellaneous speed and stability improvements
Since the release of EditReady 2.5, just days ago, there has been a remedial update, the details of which you can see below. It is advisable that you download EditReady 2.5.2 to avoid some of the bugs in 2.5.
EditReady 2.5.2 remedial release resolves some issues the team at EditReady identified in the most current 2.5 release.
- Fixes a potential crash in MacOS 10.11.6 when opening preview windows
- Fixes a crash on MacOS 10.10.5
- Resolves an issue playing converted files with discrete audio tracks in Quicktime Player
- Resolves an issue with audio conversion from HDV footage
- Resolves an issue with distorted audio conversion from AVCHD
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate partner and participant in B&H and Adorama Affiliate programmes, we earn a small comission from each purchase made through the affiliate links listed above at no additional cost to you.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!