Blackmagic Design have just released DaVinci Resolve 15.2.4 update, which improves performance of video playback on the edit page, as well as multi-cam playback. In DaVinci Resolve 15.2.4, Blackmagic Design engineers have also improved H.264 and H.265 encoding on MacOS (Fuji XT3 shooters will love this).
In addition, the latest version of Intel OpenCL drivers is now supported on Windows, project load and save performance is faster, and 5.1 and 7.1 IMF clip handling is improved.
DaVinci Resolve 15.2.4 also brings decode support for different Canon XF-AVC clip formats to DaVinci Resolve Studio, better font detection on Windows, and support for Sony VENICE 3.0 firmware update (which we covered in this post here) has been added.
What’s New in DaVinci Resolve 15.2.4 Update
- Improved Edit page viewer playback performance
- Improved performance
- when rendering H.264 and H.265 clips on MacOS
- when using the latest version of Intel OpenCL drivers on Windows
- when saving timeline changes in a project
- when loading a project with a large number of audio tracks and buses
- Improved handling of 5.1 and 7.1 audio when working with IMF clips
- Improved support
- for decoding some Canon XF-AVC clips formats
- Improved font detection
- on Windows with support for fonts installed in user directories
- Support for the Sony VENICE 3.0 firmware update
- General performance and stability improvements
As a reminder for those who missed the previous update, DaVinci Resolve 15.2.3 was released at the end of January 2019 and includes improvements to the user interface responsiveness and playback performance for editing and Fairlight audio.
The previous DaVinci Resolve 15.2.3 update also features better multi-cam and ganged clip playback, faster saving of projects with live save enabled, more reliable importing of projects from previous versions, improved keyboard shortcuts, and more accurate stabilization for videos with horizontal or vertical flips.
To download DaVinci Resolve 15.2.4 head over to Blackmagic Design’s support page here.