Announced at Cine Gear, the Panasonic S1H set the bar for high echelon full-frame mirrorless cameras that are serious about the professional video crowd. With headline heavy specs such as 4K 10bit 4:2:2 and 6K full-frame capture, the S1H got a lot of peoples attention at the initial camera announcement back in June.
While the full S1H specifications were unveiled months after, the announcement of the camera, while a surprise to many, was a clear signal that Panasonic were serious about pro video in a popular, DSLR-like form-factor. Panasonic recently revealed more official promo videos shot on the Panasonic S1H as to give potential new users an idea of the image quality coming out of the camera.
Atomos also recently announced the company will be supporting ProRes Raw via HDMI from the Panasonic S1H to their Atomos Ninja V monitor/recorder soon; the particulars of which are yet to be released.
Panasonic S1H Features
- 24.2MP (6,024 x 4,016) Full-Frame CMOS sensor
- with OLPF
- 6K/24p video at 3:2 aspect ratio
- 5.9K at 30p at 16:9
- 4:3 Anamorphic support
- 4K DCI (4096 x 2160) and UHD 4:2:2 10bit up to 30p
- 4K/60p HEVC (10bit 4:2:0)
- V-Log/V-Gamut, “Varicam Look” Library Support
- Dual Native ISO (640 and 4000)
- HFR/Slow-motion with Sound!
- 1080p up to 180fps
- HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma), 4:2:2 10-bit HDMI output
- 4K Raw output via HDMI? (with Atomos)
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- 5.76m-Dot 0.78x-Magnification OLED LVF
- 3.2″ 2.33m-Dot Tilt/Free-Angle Touch-LCD
- 1.8″ Top LCD, Tally Lamps, Dual SD Slots
- ISO 100-51200 / Up to 9 fps Shooting
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots
- Contrast-Detect 225-Area DFD AF System
- Price: $3,998 at B&H
- Available: Now
See the latest released 4K promo videos shot on on the Panasonic S1H full-frame hybrid mirrorless camera below.
“Alive” shot by Carissa Dorson
“Live Your Play” by David C. Smith
“The Mixup” shot by Nick Dabas
Behind-the-scenes of filming with LUMIX S1H:
What are your thoughts on the S1H? Anyone already ordered the camera and shot with it? Do share your experiences or just thoughts on the camera and where it fits on the market below.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!