Atomos recently announced their next lineup of 4K recorder/monitors – the Shogun/Ninja Flame series, which not only amp up the monitoring abilities of the unit but also change the design slightly. Due to its somewhat fragile design, a lot of users had to invest in cages for their Atomos Shogun monitor/recorders, and Canadian manufacturer Shape was one of the first to bring out theirs to market.
Shape Shogun Flame Cage Features
- Universal cage for ATOMOS FLAME series – fits both Ninja and Shogun Flame
- Includes SHAPE 15mm BALLROD (ball head with 15mm rod support)
- 1/4-20 threaded holes to add accessories on your cage
- Integrated spring system to provide adjustable cage size
- The spring system enables to easily move the monitor in and out
- 2 x 1/4-inch 20 screws to secure the monitor inside the cage
- Provides optimal stability for the monitor
- Easy to use fast locking system to secure the SD card inside the monitor
- Easy access to the SD card and the battery pack
- HDMI connector lock system on the side of the cage
- Locking system to secure the HDMI connectors
- Extra space in the rear of the cage giving access to the SDI connectors
- The monitor cage can easily be fixed on the ICON BODY
- Threaded holes underneath the monitors to fit the 1/4-20 screw of the ICON bracket
- Integrates with ICON wireless monitoring accessories system
Design out of CNC machined aluminium, the new Shape Atomos Flame cage provides a solid, adjustable and safe frame for your monitor. The cage offers 1/4-20 threaded holes for many possibilities of attachment. It also provides maximal security for your monitor accessories with a fast locking system for SD cards and adjustable black knob for any size of HDMI connectors.The cage also provides extra space in the rear of the cage giving access to the SDI connectors.
The Atomos Flame cage from Shape can be used in multiple configurations. It can be combined with SHAPE ICON series for great handheld solution. The cage was specifically designed to fit the 1/4-20 screws of the ICON bracket, ensuring maximum protection for optimal use. It was also designed with a spring system enabling to easily move the monitor in and out.
The barebones Atomos Flame cage (without the ball mount and 15mm rod support) comes in at $268 US and can be pre-ordered from B&H, while the version of the Atomos Flame cage with the side handles is currently listed on B&H for $447 US. The Shape 15mm/ball mount attachment is $78.41 US and can be attached to the barebones cage on the bottom if you want to mount the setup on a 15mm rods (see first pic above).
The Atomos Flame cage is said to start shipping in mid-May.
Designed for small monitors between 7 and 9-inches, the ICON series offers a wireless handheld solution for directors. This product series includes a collection of 12 different solutions from complete kit to basic accessories and will feature the brand new SHAPE Wooden handles incorporating the well-known SHAPE red push-button technology.
The universal bracket on the ICON series allows users to fit most monitors used by directors such as SmallHD 502 or 702 series, Atomos Ninja Assassin/Shogun, TVLogic, iKan, Video Devices PIX-E series and more.
To power the monitors, users can add either an Anton Bauer or a V-mount battery plate to the ICON series. The new ICON series offer a high degree of customization allowing users to add receivers for Paralinx and Teradek wireless transmission systems.
Shape ICON series also feature the popular Shape push-button technology on the handles allowing a 360 degree rotation, which can help you adjust the ICON rig to any position you require. Attaching the ICON series rigs to 15mm rod support system is also possible with the Shape ICONBLOCK accessory, which currently sells for about $70.
Pricing on the ICON series varies depending on accessories. See list below for prices and order links (prices in USD).
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE 16 - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!