Blackmagic Design recently unleashed the live version of DaVinci Resolve 15 after an extensive beta testing phase, however this has not stopped them from constantly improving their industry-favourite colour grading/VFX/and editing software. Now available as a free download, Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve 15.0.1 update adds Dolby Vision certification along with fixes and improvements for dynamic project switching, subtitles, RED IPP2 gamut mapping for RED DSMC2 cameras, Fusion playback, HDR10+ and more.
In addition, Blackmagic Design have made available for download the recent test footage from DPs, who recently shot with the upcoming Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. You can see also some newly uploaded footage below.
New Features/Support in DaVinci Resolve 15.0.1:
- Support for Dolby certified Dolby Vision internal CMU
- Addressed an issues where:
- switching databases would sometimes turn off dynamic project switching
- performing a save immediately after loading a project would sometimes be slow
- some UTF-8 encoded subtitles would not be correctly imported into the timeline
- pasting audio clip attributes for plugins would not work correctly
- applying RED IPP2 gamut mapping in DaVinci YRGB Colour Managed would show banding
- Fusion clips with premultiplied alpha would not display correctly during playback
- double clicking HDR10+ parameters would reset to an incorrect value
- rendering to unmapped network drives would not behave correctly on Windows
- switching projects while on the Fusion page would sometimes not load the user interface correctly
- where tracks would sometimes show as blank when loading a project in stacked view
- where disk database projects on macOS would get corrupt due to loss of power during save
- General performance and stability improvements
You can download DaVinci Resolve 15.0.1 from the Blackmagic Design support page here.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K Features
- Four Thirds sensor (native 4096 x 2160 resolution)
- 1080p/120fps (windowed)
- MFT mount – active – can use Metabones Speed Boosters
- 13 Stops DR (claimed)
- Dual Native ISO /Max ISO – 25600 for enhanced low light performance.
- Lightweight Carbon fibre polycarbonate composite body
- Multi function grip (a la DSLR) for quick access to:
- recording start/stop,
- still photos,
- ISO, shutter, aperture,
- white balance, power and more.
- Built in SD, UHS-II and CFast card recorders.
- USB-C expansion port
- Can Record Directly to an external SSD or flash disk.
- 10-bit ProRes and 12 bit Raw
- No ProRes Raw (not yet at least)
- Full size HDMI output for monitoring
- Mini XLR input with 48 volts of phantom power
- 3.5mm audio jack, headphone jack, and locking DC 12 volt power connection.
- Built in 5” LCD touchscreen
- 3D LUTs can be applied for both monitoring and recording.
- Uses Canon LP-E6 batteries for improved battery performance
- Blackmagic OS as used in URSA Mini and URSA Broadcast cameras.
- 4th generation Blackmagic Color Science.
- Supports remote camera control via Bluetooth.
- Includes full license for DaVinci Resolve Studio
- Price: $1295 – B&H
- Available: September 2018
BMD also posted a third test shot by DP John Brawley with the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K called ‘Models Close up at Night’, which queries the camera’s ability to handle different skin tones in very low light ISO 3,200 conditions.
In addition, DP Peter Nearhos shot a short test called ‘Bugs’ with Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K using the Venus Optics Laowa 24mm probe lens for macro filmmaking to get some stunning shots of tiny creatures.
In case you missed it, you can see the previously released BMPCC 4K footage in this post here.
As I said above, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K original files now available for download; this way you can pop them in Resolve or your favourite NLE of choice and play around with the footage.
A selection of camera original media files from Mark Wyatt, John Brawley and Andreas Neumann’s test shoots are available now to download via this link here.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate partner and participant in B&H and Adorama Affiliate programmes, we earn a small comission from each purchase made through the affiliate links listed above at no additional cost to you.
Claim your copy of DAVINCI RESOLVE - SIMPLIFIED COURSE with 50% off! Get Instant Access!